Thursday, March 8, 2012

I Need Your Ideas!

I work at home on the computer from 6-10 every morning, and I am desperately looking for HEALTHY BREAKFAST ideas. Something pretty quick, to wake me up. Please let me know what works for you!

5 comments:

Machelle said...

If you haven't tried a green smoothie, you might think that I am crazy for wanting to drink a spinach smoothie for my breakfast. But I promise you, these things are YUMMY! And super duper healthy for you. There are many different recipes out there, but I like this one the best.
Ingredients:
1/2 of a banana
1/2 cup pineapple coconut juice or apple juice (i like apple the best)
1/2 cup mangoes or peaches....or both!
a few blueberries
A generous, big handful of spinach (about 3 oz)
You can also add a handful of kale leaves if you want- I did and it was yummy!
1 cup of ice
A cute straw to make the smoothie more luxurious to drink:)


Put the liquid in the blender first, then add the rest of the ingredients. The blender will be full!
Blend well and enjoy.
It will be GREEN. :)

Jessica said...

Ha! I had to highlight over the font to see it. Anyway, I work from home too and for my morning snack I LOVE blueberry bagels w/peanut butter. I also do PB on apples and celery. Peanuts are my power food!

Unknown said...

I swear by Irish Oatmeal with some fresh fruit on the side! If I'm not all that hungry I down a Carnation Instant Breakfast or make a yogurt smoothie. I also hard boil a big batch of eggs at the beginning of the week so they are always on hand, they make a great pick me up!

Heaton said...

May not be the greatest, but my father-in-law is living with us and works the night shift. he takes a 5-hour energy drink, the off brand that is cheaper. Blake tried one and it really did give him a ton of energy and woke him up. Blake lives off of exedrin. You have drink just have a bottle at a time to give a little extra boost instead of drinking the entire thing. Just an option for when you get desperate.

D'Laina said...

ummmmmm....a Diet Coke i think is the best breakfast around :)