Friday, November 21, 2008

Let's End the Neglect!

Dear Blogging Enthusiasts,
I apologize for my brief hiatus, but am back in position and ready to update you on my unfortunately daft life. Here's what we've been up to lately:

1. Work, work, work!! I really am grateful to make $ while Dan's in school, but it sure takes up a lot of time!

And let's not forget what I spend the most time working on:


2. Sewing!! I am currently working on a dress (with a delightful pattern from 1970) and thanks to my sewing teacher, it might actually turn out. In the meantime I've been putting my newly-acquired skills to good use sewing pillow cases, flowers, and a cover for my ironing board.

I've had such a fun time making these "scrappy flowers," but I'm not sure what I want to use them for. Any ideas?!




3. We still love Charlie. We missed him so much while his parents were on a CRUISE for a week [insert jealousy here], but now that he's back, Lily doesn't want to waste any time!



6 comments:

Unknown said...

You should use those flowers for hair clips, headbands, and broaches and you should make some for Lola and I!!! :) They are adorable!

Jessica said...

I love your work diagram. You are quite a busy woman. And apparently you are juggling being crafty at the same time!

Krystyna said...

I bought a six-pack of those thin elastic headbands from WalMart for like $3, made some really fun fabric flowers and then just glued them on and I love them! I am always getting compliments on them and no one believes me that it took 5 minutes and less than a dollar to make haha

Miriam said...

You're a natural, Rachel. Like I said, anyone who hot-glued ANYTHING together before they knew how to sew, is going to be creatively inclined. You're dress is going to be beautiful. Just don't do anything RASH if you get frustrated--friends don't let friends sew frustrated. PS. I LOVED that photo of your wedding dress!! It really is so beautiful! So Audrey Hepburnish...
And pps. you have the style that I wish I had, but am pretty much to lazy and perhaps "big boned" to really pull off.

Camille Bennett said...

Rachel how do you do it!? You are seriously so busy and have so much going on. Wow! What a woman! Good for you for "bringing home the bacon" for the family... you are amazing. I can't believe you find the time to make such adorable stuff too! Teach me how! =) P.S. We have you for Christmas so be thinking of something you want! Love you! Camille

vanessa said...

Hi Rachel!
It is fun to find your blog. Lily is so cute! I can't believe you have a daughter that old. I didn't even realize. How is your life going?