After a string of poopie panties, we are back to rewarding Lily for pooping on the toilet. Some may call this a step backward, but it's been a week so far and she hasn't had one accident.

So moms...it's been 1 year now and Lily is not 100% accident-free potty trained. Is this normal?? Any tips/ideas/suggestions??
1 year ago

7 comments:
um...ya. luke still has accidents. He wont even come tell me. i will just go check on him while he is playing and he will have pee all over his pants. like he is too busy to notice or something. he would rather not stop playing and pee his pants. he understand now that it smells and people dont want to play with you if you pee your pants, lol. good luck!
I say do whatever works. If lollipops do the trick, that's great. I love your signs by the way. :) We have a little M&M dispenser that we use for rewards for Timothy when he goes. Even then it only works half the time. I'm thinking this is going to be a l-o-n-g process. He starts preschool when he turns 3 and has to be potty trained for it, so if he doesn't get it soon we will have to pull out all the stops and really push it. I wish I had better advice. I am right there with you.
Oh my heck! We are totally in the same boat! It will be 1 year for Allie on Oct. 11 and yes, we are still dealing with poopy panties! We're back to rewards, too. If by some miracle we find something that works, we will totally pass it along to you! Best of luck!
It depends how many "accidents" she is having! How many does she have in a week/month?
But if the treats work- then why stop?
Well it sounds like its pretty normal for kids to slip back into having accidents. Xander has been really easy but he's a perfectionist and so he likes having things clean. He has recently fallen in love with being able to pee standing up so he gets all excited when he needs to pee. Sometimes when he's busy playing in the evening and he hasn't gone #2 all day, I'll make him go sit on the toliet for a while and he usually goes then. Love your signs!
Um, not sure I would want that on a stick, even with the crinkley wrapper.
Ugh, Jaq turns three this sunday and we're still struggling to get him to poop in the toilet. Peeing is ok since he likes to stand up or he just goes in the backyard. I don't know what to do to get him to stop going in his underwear. I've tried everything from time out to lollipops and he just doesn't care.
Post a Comment