Since Dan and I are poor working students, I have picked up some mom-friendly jobs that I can do WITH Lily. I know many moms who have to put their kids in day care, but I look at Lily and it would just break my heart!! I am so lucky to have jobs that I can do with her. Here are my mom-friendly jobs: (check them out if you're interested in making some extra $$)
1. Edgemont Pharmacy. I have worked here for about 8 months, and I love it. I work for 1-2 hours/day driving my car around delivering prescriptions to people's homes. Lily loves the car ride and she's very good in her car seat!
2. Stuffing Envelopes. I know, it sounds like a joke. But at 20 cents/env., I make about $9.00/hr. Brenna and I are becoming pro's at this now!
3. Grandparent's Assistant. My grandparents are writing a book and trying to organize their 70 years of existence, so they hire me to type transcripts of the book, old journal entries, etc. I am their "one call, that's all."
4. Gold's Gym. I just barely got this job working at the day care at the University Gold's. I start on Sept. 1, but it will be so fun because although the pay is low, I can bring Lily, she can play with the other kids, and I can make some money.
5. Grocery Shopping. I go grocery shopping for a new mom twice a month. It only takes about an hour, but she sends me out with a very specific list, reimburses me for the groceries, and pays me on top of that.
Hopefully these will get some ideas flowing if you're at home with your kids but you'd like to make some money!
1 year ago

2 comments:
You're amazing and so clever...I really have been looking all over to find some things like this and can't seem to find anything! How did you find the people/business you stuff envelopes for? YOu insprie me to look harder...
What in heavens name??? You kill me. We just moved and we are now getting our internet back up... I am dying over your blog. You are so creative and I love that you posted ways to make money without taking your child to day care. I have been busting my brains trying to think of things I can do. I am totally going to check some of these things out. Please continue to bolg other helpful things!! Ha ha! Your great!!
Post a Comment