Monday, August 23, 2010

Working-Mom Menu Ideas

It has been hard for me to get home at 6:30 and scrape together a good dinner before it's late. SO...I made dinner plans that are super easy and that can be prepared beforehand so I just throw a few things together when I get home.

I've taken our favorite recipes and split them up so I can do as much as possible before work.
Here's how it looks:







I plan one week at a time then post them on this:



So far so good! Do you ladies have any other tips/ideas??

7 comments:

Unknown said...

(I don't know your working hours or days.) Even though I am not an "outside" working Mom. I am busy all day long. So what I do on Sunday night make a couple casseroles and put them in the freezer then I just pull out one for the day. You could just put it in the fridge until you got home from work. I don't know if that helps. But, I hope so!

Rach said...

Thank you, Thank you! This is such a good idea and I'm definitely going to give it a try!

Team Covey said...

How do you do it all? Lately Johnny makes his own dinners and I'm home all day. I think I want every single recipe you just posted. Then you can come to my house and make them for me. I'll do the PM stuff if you'll do the AM?

Celeste said...

Um...i think you like chicken!?? haha. Knowing how organized you are I'm sure you've alraedy tried this but I double a lot of things that I make and freeze the other half so I have an extra for the next month when I'm ready to use that meal again.

Mélodie said...

You can freeze a quiche you know... just put it in the fridge overnight and it'll be ready for dinner :)

Unknown said...

Rach- I need your email. Email me curlmom@gmail.com
:)

Ashlan Belliston said...

I totally want those recipes too! ;) And I was actually wanting to ask you: do you have any fun but healthy recipes for kids? Like worms in mud (gummy worms, choc pudding and Oreo crumbles) but healthy? Sometimes I just want to let them help make something fun, but all I can think of is dying the waffle batter colors. :P
oh, and I definitely think we need to get together for play dates more. (the kids, anyway. ;)

And where are you wirking again?? How do you guys work out your jobs and lily?