It's been exactly a month since surgery. Random, crazy, all-of-a-sudden brain surgery.
I always dread people's long, picture-less posts about major life events so I thought I'd break it up to a (hopefully) enjoyable format.
Good Things Lately:
- I get to eat a lot of popcicles.
- Dan's mom is here for a week to help with Lily. Lily is having a blast!
- No more walker!
- I took a shower for the first time standing up this week without my old person bath seat. I even shampooed my whole head including my scar! (I've had permission to do this for about 2 weeks now but was too scared!)
- August editions of magazines are out so I stocked up.
- It only takes me 15 minutes to shower, get dressed, do my hair (or lack thereof) and be ready for the day. Everyone should go bald!
Bad Things Lately:
- I am a slave to my med schedule.
- Someone stole Lily's carseat out of our car at Target! LAME!
- I sleep most of my days away. I know my body needs the rest, but I feel like I'm missing out on life!
- I still can't drive. I feel so helpless! :)
The gratitude I feel for life and my friends and family is growing deeper and deeper. Sometimes there aren't even words and Dan will just hold me as I cry, grateful for my life, that I'm here, and all the people that are helping me recover.
Here are some pictures of our 24th of July Fake Utah Holiday Fireworks. Promise to keep you posted!
1 year ago

4 comments:
So glad you are doing better. Life is amazing. Sometimes we find ourselves taking it for granted, but it's usually not until something is taken from us then we realize... crazy and sometimes sad that humanity is like that. You have been blessed, and so have all of us!! you're still here!! yaay!! don't know what the world would do without ya Rach. Hopefully we can all get together sometime when you are feelin up to it. love you girlie :) xoxo
So glad to hear you are doing well! Wish I was there because I would be happy to help but glad to hear that you have such great people to help you! Glad you are doing well and things will continue to get better!
Great post. I very much enjoyed reading it. Wish I was closer to help you out. That's awesome that you are recovering and making progress.
I'm so glad to hear that things are getting better. I can't imagine all the things you have gone through and are still going through, but I am grateful that you are still here. I wish we could be closer to help out. I bet Gail is having so much with Lily, too!
Post a Comment