Hi blogging buddies! Today I was at the airport and had a CRAZY time chasing Lily around, trying to keep her close to me. Then a friend suggested I get her a "child harness," aka: a leash for your kid. I just don't know what I think. The whole idea makes me uneasy. Am I just being silly? I just wanted to hear your input and see what you think. Let me know, I appreciate it!
1 year ago

13 comments:
I'm glad you asked because I have been wondering about the same thing. I am leaning more and more towards trying one out. It gives the kid freedom to walk but still keeps you connected which is what you have to have in a crowded place like the airport or the zoo or something.
We have one for Jaxon and I have always been against so-called putting your child on a leash until finally I got one. I thought it was so inhumane, but it doesn't seem like they are on a leash at all especially now that they make them with backpacks. It allowed Jaxon to have his freedom to the extent of still being safe. It also makes it a lot less stressful to go out in public and you constantly don't have to chase them down or wonder where they are.
well I have heard you ridicule people for using them so if you are ready for that from others then go for it. I don't think they are bad, just a tool to make parenting a little easier.
I wouldn't be caught dead using one of those... that's just me (but I do agree with the comments that they can be great... I will just never get to experience that joy)
I think they are great! It's the best way for us to keep track of Brandon when we go to the airport. We have had to chase that kid so many times, even onto a plane to Baltimore! If anyone wants to ridicule my parenting for using a leash on my child, I'd like to see them take Brandon to the airport without one! Of course, Carson never needed on. It just depends on your kid and how stressed you want to be in a busy area. Besides, my kids love them. When we are home, the boys still love to play with them and pretend they are a monkey or a puppy.
Rachel I first just have to say that I love reading your blog. You are so cute and I love getting updates on your exciting life!
As for the "leash" I think that you and I should get one together!!! Lance got lost in Wal-Mart the other day for almost 10 minutes because he kept running away (Michael took him there... and lost him) so YES, I am all for leashes.
Maybe you and I should take our kids for a "walk" with their leashes on and see how everyone reacts! =) Ha!
in the long run, it doesn't matter what "other" people think. If you think it's will help Lily be safer then go for it! There are always pros and cons to EVERYTHING, so if having a "leash" to keep her safe, then why not? It all boils down to the child too, some might not need it and others will. Just do what you think is best for her.
or you could just put her in a stroller? or keep a better eye on your kid? jk rach, just saying what I think you would say if you saw someone using one, lol. I honestly think they are weird, but whatever keeps your kids alive. I mean, that's our parenting goal, right? keep kids alive, go to bed, wake up - do it all again! You do what you think is best, and screw what anyone else says! (except me, Im pretty much a genius)
We have the "doggy" version of the one in the photo. I strongly recommend it. Think what you will about parents who use them. But all of our arms get tired sometimes. And you can't always lug a stroller around. It is very nice to have another option. And it sure beats LOSING your kid! (Of course that's never happened to me!)
I have to say, I used to think these were crazy, but after watching a two year old every day for almost a year, I think they are a great way of keeping track of a kid, I mean it's like an extended hand hold right?
I'm glad you brought this up Rachel. I have been debating for the last couple of months whether or not to get one myself since I get tired of trying to chase Jaq around and taking twice as long to get things done at the store. I've never actually seen anyone use one so I'm hesitant about getting one because of the looks people will give me. Oh well.
I think it's like making your child into an animal. :P It's just weird to me. I guess it would make it easier to keep track of them, but yeah. The idea's weird to me.
Then again, I'm also not the one with a little kid. ;)
DON'T DO IT! That's my opinion.
Post a Comment