To everyone who responded to my leash questioning: THANK YOU! I really appreciate all the input. After much deliberation, I have made a decision that I feel bests suits Lily and I. Honestly, I don't disagree with any of you, but we have decided to keep on living life leash-free.
Here is my thinking: Leashes are for dogs. People use leashes for their dogs because they cannot train them to stay close. But, as we all know, the human brain is far more available to such "training" than a dog's is. So although it may take time, I can teach Lily to stay close to me in all situations so she can stay safe.
Again, Thanks for your comments!!
1 year ago

2 comments:
Ok I am a bad friend, I totally forgot to weigh in on that question. I am a fence sitter as well. But I feel like if I ever "lost" Lola for even a moment, I would be so beside myself that it would make the "leash" worth it. I think I may try to make something of my own though, that looks cuter and less pet-ish. the backpack ones aren't too bad. :) You will have to let me know how the "no-leash" goes!
Thanks Dari, I will let you know! I'm staying open to the idea so I can always resort back to it if I need to!!
Post a Comment