
I love keeping things Pretty Clean. This is my master list of deep cleaning jobs -- I pick one item and do it every week on cleaning day. This way, slowly but surely, all my deep cleaning gets done along with the regular chores.
For those of you who don't share my high cleanliness standards:
1. How dare you.
2. I'm just kidding.
3. I've included ideas that "normal" people don't do on a "normal" cleaning day.
Here we go!
1. Organize pantry - empty & clean.
2. Wipe baseboards.
3. Dust and windex all picture frames.
4. Wipe wood cabinets.
5. Kitchen junk drawers - empty & clean.
6. Fridge - empty & clean.
7. Freezer - empty & clean.
8. Clean out vacuum drum.
9. Bathroom drawers - empty & clean.
10. Organize linen closet.
11. Clean doorknobs & light switches. (see here)
12. Couches - wipe down, remove cushions and vacuum.
13. Kids carseats - take apart, wipe and clean.
14. Inside and outside of washer and dryer.
15. Organize paper files/bills - shred unnecessary documents.
16. Bleach out garbage cans.
17. Wipe down doors - front and back.
18. Clean kids toys. (see here)
19. Remove and clean all light fixtures
20. Wipe and dust ceiling fans.
21. Put every piece of silverware in the dishwasher and clean out the tray.
22. Shake all rugs and vacuum underneath.
23. Wipe down cribs/headboards.
24. Clean inside & outside of your microwave. (see here)
25. Clean the inside & outside of your stove and oven. (see here)
26. Empty, vacuum and dust out your car. 
I'm sure there is more to add to the list, but this is a good start. Do you have any good ideas??
1 year ago

3 comments:
I didnt see "use a toothbrush and scrub the cracks in the linolium?!" and you call yourself clean.... ha ha
i love your blog. I should do some of these things to make my house cleaner. I have been trying to work on it. It's a lot to do but hey, if it keeps the house clean right?
anywho, i am going to print this list and do it. How often do you do it?
I'm fascinated by how clean you are. Seriously. I want to talk about this. I DESPERATELY want to be clean, and I feel like I spend a good part of my day, every day, cleaning. But honestly, I came from a really messy family, and truth-be-told, I don't even KNOW what normal people do, and what the standard is. Some times I go into people's houses, and I can tell that they've cleaned behind their fridge or cleaned their base boards, and I think, Wow. That's what I'm supposed to be doing, and I'm a total failure! And then I go into other people's houses and I think, you know, I'm doing pretty good. But I love the idea of deep cleaning slowly. When I was prego I did things like that alllll the time, and I thought, WHY don't I do these things on a regular basis?? And why not??!
Ok, I've got to stop now.
Thanks for the list. I'm going to save it too.
Post a Comment