Monday, October 3, 2011

A Fresh Start

Life has been crazy lately.

I am fully recovered from my brain surgery.
I am healthy and strong.
I am grateful.

I am getting divorced.
I was hurt and mad and sad and heartbroken.
I am in a good place now.
I am focusing on making a positive new life with Lily.

I just finished moving into a new apartment.
It is cute and cozy.
The decor is to die for.
Lily loves her new room and her swing set in the backyard.

I start work today.
I'll become quite busy.
I like being busy.
It keeps me going and keeps me motivated.

I love my friends and family.
I am so happy to be alive and at peace.
I am on the right path.
I know I'll get there.
I'll make it.

12 comments:

Miriam said...

Ohoh Rachel, I had no idea what you've been going through. I'm so sorry I haven't been there for you more. I am so glad you're at peace and in a good place--you are such a strong woman. Love you, rach.

Celeste said...

wow Rach. I so admire your positive attitude through all this. I can't imagine all you're going through right now...what a rough time and you are still trying to be positive. You're amazing. Please let me know if I can do anything. Good luck at work!

D'Laina said...

I can't wait to see your new place! I'm sure its super cute! We need a girls night ASAP! Hang in there LOVE YOU!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness. I'm so sorry your getting divorced. If you need anything let me know & I'll help you.
I wish you much luck!

Unknown said...

Sounds like there are a lot of changes happening in your life. But it sounds like they are good ones. I am so glad that you are healthy and happy. Good luck with all your new endeavors and be sure to share pics of your new place :)

Machelle said...

wow, 2011 has been an eventful year for you! I admire your courage and positive attitude through all of this muck. Keep your chin up, hug and kiss lily all the time, and indulge yourself in all things "Rachel". Time really will heal this. :) love you rachie...

Team Covey said...

We love you, Rachel. Live and learn and love. We need more love on this earth. Thanks for your love. We missed you on carmel apple saturday night, but we will get together soon.

Mindy Hill said...

Rach, my life is blessed by your beauty and strength and power. Those inner qualities that are so deeply seeded in your soul is what will pull you through the darkest days of our life. You are the most wonderful mother and best friend someone could ever have. I know that your life has such a great direction that there are no negative words or actions than can stop the miraculous transformation you are experiencing. I love you.

Rach said...

Dear Natalie: I am just doing the best I can. I'm not perfect. I'm not even close. I'm just trying to make it. Now please leave me alone.

Mélodie said...

All I can see is reasons to celebrate!!!! Rachel, you're awesome. I've known it from the day I met you and I wish I could tell you face to face how inspiring you've become to me throughout the years. F*** all the Natalies and other bitter people who think the only way to get through difficulties is to blame others. We all make mistakes but life is about learning. And it's so much fun to do it along with great friends like you. :) I love you!

Jessica said...

Rach~ I'm sorry I missed this and so sorry for all you've been through. Just know that a lot of people out here love you and are hoping for the best for you. If you ever need a friend, I'm here. <3 Lots of love.

Camille Bennett said...

Rachel... this post makes me cry... cry in sadness for your heartache, and cry for joy in your strength and positive outlook. You are a strong woman and can make the most out of every situation. I know that everything in life happens for a reason and I am SO GRATEFUL that you are still here and such an incredible Mommy to Lili. I love you so much! Our prayers are with you!