Thursday, May 28, 2009

Gone Green Lately

Lily and I have been religious about our smoothie-making, and we have pretty much come up with the perfect recipe:

3 handfuls fresh spinach
1 handful frozen blueberries
1 handful frozen strawberries
1/2 banana
orange juice
ice cubes

MMMMM, it's so sweet you can't even taste the spinach, so even Dan and Lily love it! Lily loves to be my little helper!





Also, OUR GARDEN IS GROWING!! I am so proud of my first little garden!




I also sewed a bunch of cute reusable grocery bags for both Lily and I...pictures to come!

4 comments:

Celeste said...

Well, if you can't taste the spinach I'm definitely going to try them. Lily looks like such a cute helper in her little apron.

Miriam said...

Spinach? Really? And you REALLY can't taste it? I'm skeptical, my friend, but curious enough to try. I love all you summer sewing projects. Remember how I was your sewing teacher once, but you never really needed me? Yeah, that was cool. I miss seeing you, we have to plan a trip to Le Park.

Mindy Hill said...

I admire you and all your GREAT ambitions...hope to learn more from you as e stalk one another's blogs. I want to learn to make cute dresses and skirts for our little girls. Way to go on the garden!

Anonymous said...

Go rachel go! Thats such a great feeling when you make things grow. Hey, we do those smothies every morning too! except we use cran juice, and i add some drops of lemon, grapefruit, and ginger oils, yum!