Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Rachel's Top 10 Free & Natural Ways to Cure the Mommy Blues

Shame on me for telling the truth and admitting that full-time mothering can sometimes downright suck. Here are some easy ideas to cheer up your life:

1. Make your bed! Even if the rest of my house is in shambles, a freshly-made bed always helps me feel calm.

2. Make something! This always helps me feel useful.

3. Eat something healthy! How could that not feel good?!

4. Call your best friend for no reason. I'm sure he/she can cheer you up!

5. Drink some OJ...I know it sounds weird, but it is surprisingly refreshing!

6. Take a little time to get dirt on your hands! Even though I live in an apartment, I still find enjoyment from trimming my landlord's rose bushes!

7. Thrift Window-Shopping! Talk about the epitome of being poor...but it's so fun!

8. Take your kids to the playground...and play with them! I always get bored quickly unless I'm running after Lily and going down the slide!

9. Have sex with your husband! (I'm sure he will have no objections!)

Oops, is that a picture of Brad Pitt? I must be having some technical difficulties...
10. Exercise!! I don't mean to be a hypocrite (cause I'm fat n' lazy) but this is a natural pick-me-up.


I hope this helps you feel better while doing the world's most important (and yet oh-so-often unsatisfying) job.

3 comments:

Celeste said...

Nice list! These are some great ideas. Makes me want some OJ right now. =) And thanks for pointing out that full time motherhood is not always the bliss some may think.

Mélodie said...

I would add: get a pedicure! Even a homemade one. It always makes me feel prettier, especially after being covering with baby's puke all day long.

Brianne said...

I would have to agree those are some good pick me uppers. I love the hair tie you made and the pillows and the carseat!!!