Thursday, June 4, 2009

HELP!

Am I the only mom in the world who finds motherhood lonely and depressing!?! I feel like I'm the only mom who has more bad days than good, the only mom who can't find time to shower, the only mom who feels like nothing I do is ever good enough. Why can't we be open and honest with each other here?? Instead, I feel like I'm going crazy because not every minute of my life is filled with camera-worthy moments or God-given blessings. My life is a lot of lonely with a side of no one to talk to. And I'm sure now I sound ungrateful for all the wonderful people in my life, but that's not what I'm trying to do. I'm trying to be honest. It's painful to admit that motherhood is not all it's cracked up to be. It breaks my heart that it sucks so bad. Do the small moments of greatness really make up for the rest??

6 comments:

Unknown said...

You're not crazy, I am sure a lot of people feel like that every now and then. I know that there are times when I feel overwhelmed and like no one appreciates all that I do. Plus when you are a mom, you have very little "me time". You need to make sure to get time for yourself. Dan can take Lily for a few hours, or hell, a day and let you re-coop. Today I had to tell Chris that I need him to help out with Lola a little more when I need a break. It is worth it and I am sure that you will come out of your slump and feel better soon. :) I am always willing to listen, if you would even want to talk to me ha ha I hope tomorrow is a better day. Buy yourself something nice!!! {that always makes me feel better}

Celeste said...

You are definitely not the only one to feel that way. I felt that way alot, especially when your hubby is in school and gone alot. It leaves all of the mommy stuff to you and it gets really mundane. I've done a lot better since moving. Something I've felt that helps, is play groups and outings with other moms. I have to talk to other moms so I feel validated. Some days I really feel like no one understands what being a mom is really like either but I try to remember to keep a bigger perspective. Something that always helps is getting away on a little ME time. Take a day away and get rejuvenated. Call me if you ever want to talk!

Unknown said...

Hey there... I found your blog from Tiffany's blog list. Hope you don't mind me looking at your family! Lily has gotten SO big since I seen her & with those cute glasses... Too cute! She is seriously a mini-Rach.
I know what you mean by this post... This is the way that I have been feeling lately. Remember most people's blogs are just "highlights" of their life... never the "lowlights." And PLUS I think what a lot of people do on their blogs is BRAG!!!
Cheer up girly! :)

Jessica M. said...

I agree with the other girls Rach. Everyone has bad days and needs a break once in a while. Toddlers are a lot of fun but they are also a lot of work. It takes a lot to keep them fed, entertained, happy and healthy. If Dan, a neighbor or relative can help out for a bit maybe you can escape and do something fun. Love you!

Shana Kummer said...

Rach I totally agree. It gets hard sometimes to keep going but I agree with everyone that a little time away by yourself does wonders. Call me sometime if you want to get together.

Miriam said...

I swear I've subscribed to your blog a million times, and yet it STILL never shows up on my google reader..

Motherhood. Yeah, it's hard. It's really really hard sometimes. And sometimes, when the only conversation that you've had all day is with a two-year-old over getting their panties on, and PLEASE let me help you with that, and DON'T do that, etc, you can feel like a nut job. and a bad mom..I feel like I'm a crappy mom ALL the time because it's so easy to lose it, and it's not fun to lose it. And you know what? I think EVERY mom feels like that sometimes, or even a lot. Sometimes when I'm feeling lonely or crappy I just need to feel lonely or crappy for a little bit. I know that a lot of people feel better once they hang out with other people/moms, and DO that if that helps, but for me, sometimes I just need time to get over it. You won't always feel lonely or depressed, and there ARE moments in motherhood that are great... being best friends with a two-year-old can make you crazy, but it's also kinda fun. It's fun to have this little person who really gets a kick out of going to the park or doing something by theirselves, or getting a skittle or something. it makes life simpler in a lot of ways. And all those hilarious expressions...don't they just kill you sometimes? Anyway, add this to your pile of advice, and do whatever you need to feel better. love you!