Thursday, March 4, 2010

Dry Clean Shmry Clean

Dan had about 8 ties in our closet that he hasn't worn in years because they're stained. But considering dry cleaning a tie costs anywhere from $5-$15 per tie, we've just let them sit there. And some of these were his favorites, ones he got in Europe, etc.
So I decided to do something about it! It was so easy and I would recommend it to anyone!
1. I Spot-Shotted the crap out of those little buggers.
2. Washed his ties in the washer on a gentle cycle.
3. Hung them up to dry.

4. Ironed each one (on the lowest setting) and gave them back their shape.

5. I had some hand-stitching to do to keep the linings in place.
6. Good as new! Now Dan can wear all his favorite ties again!

3 comments:

Mim said...

They look awesome. I've also rolled them up and put them in a sock with pretty good results too. I'm loving that Deceptively Delicious book, PS!

Unknown said...

I am with you, I never dry clean! I always gentle wash on cold or luke warm and line dry, ha ha

Celeste said...

Nice job. I am going to give that a try.