Thursday, March 11, 2010

I've Been Crafting...How Bout You?!

1. I bought these cute napkin holders at Pier 1 in the clearance section, knowing I would be able to turn them into something much more worth their weight in beads.

I used pliers to peel off their backs,

and hot glue to make cute hair clips!

2. I upgraded this DI tapestry into something a little more grown-up.
Before:

After:

3. I whipped up* this cute little skirt for Lily. It is totally soft and feminine (two things I am NOT) but that's why I like it so much!


4. A trip to the University Mall and a quick peek in Crazy 8, left me head-over-heels for their ice cream collection.
Inspiration:

My take on things:

(I of course realized afterward that it looks more like an ice cream cone filled with flowers, but as long as Lily's happy, I am too!)
5. Baby dress turned toddler skirt + flower.

Hope you're busily crafting too!

*Don't forget I'm saying "I whipped it up" just to sound cool. In all actuality, it probably took me hours.

5 comments:

Mim said...

That picture doesn't do justice to the icecream flowers. They really are so cool. And a bath loofa?! Wow. And the skirt is pretty, and the tapestry is sooo awesome.

Heather said...

You constantly amaze me with your craftiness. I love how you reuse things and make them into even cuter things than they were before.

Jessica said...

I would be embarrassed to show off my crafting attempts. Let's just say it's more for fun than looks. Yours are fun and beautiful!

Ashlan Belliston said...

I would love to be crafty like that. One of my goals is to start thinking "outside the box" for a lot of craft projects. You are my inspiration! :D

PS. I love that skirt!

Teancum and Brooke said...

You are amazing! It's all so darling!