Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Calling All Moms!!

I need some serious help and advice with potty training. Lily just turned 2 and...isn't even close to going on the toilet by herself. Any words of inspiration? Any tips? Any advice? I would LOVE to hear it!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

She JUST turned two- My Holli will be 3 in Nov. and she isn't too interested...but I am at least making it TRY to happen with her. And with everything... IT TAKES TIME... LOTS OF TIME!

Mindy Hill said...

Hell no, Abby is 3 and is peeing everywhere BUT the toliet.....take your "positive bs" and stick it hoe!

Lori said...

If you force her before she is ready, you will be cleaning up a lot more messes than you need to and both you and Lily will get really frustrated. My boys seem to be ready around 3. I know it's still a long time to wait, but I'd rather change a poopy diaper than clean out poopy underwear. Get a potty chair and see if she is interested. If she isn't, wait until she is. I've heard girls usually potty train earlier than boys, so hopefully she shows interest soon. Praise any effort whatsover that she attemps. Also, some signs of 'readiness' are staying dry through the night, letting you know when she has peed or pooped or showing discomfort with a soiled diaper, asking to sit on the potty (whether she goes or not). There are others, but I can't remember them. Hope this helps! Good luck!!!

Lisa T. said...

I have a 2 1/2 year old who is not making a lot of progress, so I probably shouldn't make any suggestions. But here I go anyway. We bought "Bob the Builder" (Jackson's favorite character) underwear. He loves them, but it hasn't worked as magically as I'd hoped. Who knows, maybe some "Dora" underwear would motivate Lily.

Celeste said...

Well, once again we're in the same boat. I sometimes think Xan is ready but then I'm worried about jumping into to it before I know for sure. Anyway, this ebook has been reccomended to me and everyone I know that has used it swears by it. So if you want, check it out. www.3daypottytraining.com Good luck!

~Maria said...

So- I'm not a Mom, but my sister was telling me good ol' Dr. Phil's advice. Get a doll, and have Lily potty train the doll. Ask Lily if the doll needs to go to the bathroom, etc...and then ask Lily if she needs to go. If Lily doesn't need to- don't push it. But keep encouraging Lily to train the doll.

Christine Segura said...

Hey Rach. I will give you my two cents just because you asked, so here goes! Rule #1 DO NOT DO IT BEFORE SHE IS TOTALLY READY!!! That is the most important rule to follow. The other rules are like a mile behind that one because none of them will even work if she isn't ready. When my first turned 2 my mother in law (who I love) told me all this bull about how she should be potty trained by two and how she is smart enough to be potty trained blah, blah, blah. It has NOTHING to do with how smart they are, Jane is top of her first grade class in reading and math. My sisters told me to not push it and wait until she is ready but I put the poor kit through heak trying to force it. It will only be misery for both of you. When she is ready, tell me and I can give you some awesome tips that have helped me a ton. You are so cute, I would love to talk about this more! Love you!
Christine

Rach said...

HUGE THANKS to everyone who commented and gave suggestions!! I have hereby decided to WAIT a little longer and see how things go. Thanks, ladies!!