Wednesday, July 1, 2009

camPING!

As I shared earlier, we spent the weekend in the wilderness. Here are some highlights:
1. Dan shaved his mustache. :(

2. We hiked some pretty sweet caves.




3. We nearly sweat to death hiking up from a really cool river.


4. Dan taught Lily how to break sticks on her knee. She looked so cute trying to do this!

5. Here's the cabin we slept in, equipped with ancient appliances!!



6. We got to drink straight from a spring!

7. Tin foil dinners!

8. Lily turned 2! I can't believe she is 2...but she reminds me daily by acting like it. Here are some pictures of Lily opening presents:





9. Here are Dan and Dan trying to teach Lily to hold up 2 fingers:


10. Lily was so pissed when we tried to sing Happy Birthday...she just wanted her cupcake!



11. Dan and Lily overlooking some beautiful cliffs:

12. Wildflowers that Dan picked for me from the top of a mountain. Thanks babe!

13. A beautiful lake the Dans hiked to:

14. Since we've gotten home, Lily has been so tired! Here's what she looked like when we woke her up this morning:


What a post!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Lily is adorable...sounds like SUPER fun- I love the outdoors and hiking to beautiful lakes and caves. What a fun way to celebrate Lily turning 2! Happy Birthday sweet Lily!!

Celeste said...

What a fun way to celebrate her 2nd bday. And no wonder she is so tired, you guys wore her right out! And it looks like you got her some really cute gifts for her bday. I love the pink gloves!

Somerset said...

I love that her gloves match her cowboy boots! What a great way to ring in year 2!