Tonight I was standing outside talking to my neighbors while the kids played. What we all realized was that we are all unsatisfied and frustrated with our WEIGHT. Is this a mom thing? A woman thing? A lazy thing? I would love to hear your input/ideas/suggestions/thoughts/feelings/etc.
1 year ago

8 comments:
First off.. I just threw up!! Second off.. Your skinny!! Third off.. I think it has to do with wanting to look like super models!! Which is crazy cause if u think about it that's there full time job to work out and eat right ha!! Anyone can look like that if u have lots of time and lots of $$ ha that's my two cents ;)
I'm not happy with my body. I need to lose at least twenty lbs. But apparently I'm not that unhappy enough because I haven't done anything about it. I always say I will start working out this week. I haven't worked out for a few months :( I feel like as women it is ingrained in us to want to look and be perfect and the images we see of "beautiful women" are usually women who are stick thin and probably hungry most of the time.
Ps you are so skinny and I wish I had your body... Regardless of what you think.
I know I'm not thrilled with my body right now! =) But even when I wasn't pregnant I was frustrated with how I looked in a swimsuit. I know my problem has a lot to do with comparing myself to other women and thinking they look better than I do. I try to be happy with how I "feel" and not how I look...doesn't usually happen though.
ugh being a girl sucks. We have built-in comparing mechanisms that make us subconsciously compare ourselves with everyone else in the world. Except for ugly unsuccessful people, because why would we compare ourselves with them? We only want to compare ourselves to the most beautiful, most, successful, most perfect people so we can feel bad about ourselves. Being a girl sucks, but I feel like there isn't much you can do about it besides decide to be happy wherever you are and try to make small improvements each day instead of thinking of overwhelming improvements that will never happen. Does that make sense? p.s. I think you are beautiful, if that counts for anything :)
Hee, hee. How can we get those ladies on The Biggest Loser. I love how the one lady looks like she's holding up the other lady's belly. Love it. If they can wear bikinis and not be ashamed of their bodies I think the rest of us can say we have super hot bodies to show off.
That is an extremely disturbing picture.
And I don't think it's a mom or lazy thing. I think it's a "it's almost summer and I stored up fat for the winter" thing. :)
Cause I'm definitely feeling it too.
i think you are so awesome...if you staRT to look like those ladies in your precutre, however...i may tell you to wtch your weight a bit, for healths sake! Rachel, you are perfect! Its amazing how awesome life can be when you just DONT THINK ABOUT IR=T! not only that, but my hubby says i am so much more attractive when i "know i am". know what i mean? love ya girl
Don't listen to any advice I give you. I'm "thick".
Post a Comment