Thursday, January 21, 2010

Making Candles: A First

Okay, this was my first time. And I didn't follow any instructions, so....I won't be offended at all if you don't follow mine. :)
1. Materials needed:

2. Melt wax on stovetop.

3. Pour into your containers. In retrospect, I wouldn't add the wick until the candle is almost solid.

4. WIPE AS YOU GO!! Yes, I made messes everywhere, but the sooner you wipe up wax the better...we all know it's impossible to get off when it's hard.
5. I Mod Podge'd some paper on the outsides.

6. The final result!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

super cute!

You seriously should sale the stuff you make.

Nate,Lindsay & Teagan said...

love it!! its seems pretty easy and they are SUPER cute!! wish we lived closer i would so be over everyday learning new things :)

Team Covey said...

Totally cute. The mod podge made that project sparkle. So darling

Ashlan Belliston said...

I agree with Amber. You really should sell this stuff! I'd buy it... ;) Haha. I would LOVE the things you make, and for all of us that are hopelessly uncrafty, we need people like you to help us out! :)

We really should get together for a play date one of these days, and maybe you can teach me how to adopt some of your talents! :)